Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Weekend's Heart-melting Moment

I'm sitting in a patch of dirt outside Tbilisi's local journalism school.  It's closed today but I can still connect to their wi-fi.

As I'm looking over next week's assignments three curious little 6-year-old girls walk cautiously up to me.  They stop short at about 3 feet and pause.  They are adorable.  As one starts whispering Georgian in her friend's ear, I send them a big goofy "hey kids!" smile.  

With that the kids ambush me—jumping on my shoulders, tickling arm pits and squealing like pigs. I give into their horseplay.

To catch my breath I open the Apple Photo Booth application to avert their attention.  As soon as the girls see their distorted faces on the screen their faces explode in ecstasy.  Below is a little sampling of the fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Well done! I haven´t been lucky enough to have such experiences with the kids here, although now that I think of it I see Mexican kids all year long so I´ll savor the break... ha! keep em comin bro!